January 17, 2011

a weekend away from the fog

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Living in the Bay has made me sun-starved.  I'm tired of sweaters and jackets and spontaneous downpours.  I miss living in sandals year-round, real beaches, and the vivid blues and greens that make everything seem alive.  How rejuvenating it was to be back for a So Cal weekend in mid-January that felt like summer!  On Saturday I was grinning like an idiot all day just because the sunshine made me happy--I couldn't help myself.  I guess it is the simple things that really matter to me...

Around the corner was this beach.  In the mornings, I went for bare-foot jogs--loving that feeling of the sand under my toes.  I watched the surfers paddle out past the breaks, did cartwheels in the sand, and just tried to soak it all in.  

No comments: